The LiBAT5V2A is an evaluation board to complement solar battery chargers in your solar-powered projects. The LiBAT5V2A is a boost step-up DCDC converter, which gives a stable 5 V output with up to 2 A from Li-based rechargeable single-cell batteries. The board is ready to be used with your selected prototyping platform: Raspberry, Arduino or Photon.
LiBAT5V2A configured as shield for Raspberry Pi.
infinityPV LiBAT5V2A Monitoring includes these capabilities:
- High efficiency Step-up conversion based 0n the IC TPS61320 (up to 92%).
- 5V stable output capable of delivering output currents up to 2A.
- Connectors for the chosen prototyping platform.
- Battery charging input (JST-2 connector), compatible with most solar battery chargers, e.g. OPV3W60V.
- Battery external connector (JST-2 connector).
- Extra 5V/2A output through JST-2 or USB connector, to power your preferred USB devices.
- Input and output energy monitoring through the I2C lines. The LiBAT5V2A Monitoring is supplied with two energy monitors (INA233) placed at the battery charging input and 5V consumption points. The board includes also a controlled power switch (TPS27081A) that allows to switch on/off safely the extra 5V/2A output from a GPIO configured as digital output.
- (*) All the connectors are provided soldered, the board is ready to be used.
You will receive the board ready to be used, just follow this procedure:
- Attach the LiBAT5V2A shield to your programming platform (Raspberry, Arduino or Photon). It is always safer to do this step without supply, so nothing get damage making a wrong connection.
- Double check the right matching of the shields and polarity of your battery.
- Connect your battery to the battery connector (BATT).
- Place the JP2 jumper from OFF to ON position to power your programming platform.
Read more about the LiBAT5V2A board here.
Related product pages
*Prices will be shown in DKK in the shopping cart. Shipment and VAT (for EU countries) will be added upon checkout. You can opt to pay through PayPal or with a major credit card. You can return items within 14 days of original purchase date for a full refund or exchange. The items must be returned in their original packaging, in an unopened and unused condition. Refunds do not include shipping and handling.