The infinityPV ISOSun100 is a high power solar simulator with a light intensity range of 1 to 100 suns. A higher concentration range can be reached with a simple mechanical change of 50-250 suns.DOI:10.1002/aenm.201200663DOI:10.1063/1.4798585
The system employs a metal halide lamp with an ellipsoidal mirror, shutter and iris controlling the light output. Illumination with evenly distributed light over the 1 cm2 surface is thus possible in the range of 1-100 suns. The stability of the light source is ± 0.1 %. The light bulb has an operational lifetime of >1000 hours depending on use.
The system is fully enclosed with the emission of light being limited only to the testing area below the kaleidoscope. The system is fully CE approved and accepts line voltages in the range of 110-240 VAC (single phase). Maintenance is simple through front panel access to the entire optics and control system.
The system with the basic fixture allows for fast and safe mounting of the sample under the quartz outlet. When operated with the infinityPV software IV-curve tracing and lifetime/stability/decay curves as a function of concentration is automated and the system can be further upgraded with an atmospheric test chamber for testing under a controlled atmosphere or a vacuum. The compact test chamber can be assembled inside a glovebox and taken to the concentrator mount where tests can begin without exposure to the ambient. The integrated shutter and fast interface to a Keithley SMU enables fast IV-curve tracing at the higher concentration with minimum influence from heating of the sample. The system can also be employed for studying photobleaching of materials when combined with a UV-vis spectrophotometer operating in either reflection or transmission. The optional sample exchange carousel system allows for testing of a number of samples over extended periods of time and for creating gradient exposed samples.
- Complete lamp housing cabinet and with sample and test compartment below the quartz kaleidoscope
- Lamp driver, lamp control, optics, monitoring photodiode, lamp, shutter and iris
- Electrical leads
- infinityPV software platform pre-installed and tested on an included laptop PC. The software allows for IV-curve tracing, lifetime/stability studies and for carrying out automated tests such as concentration gradients.
- Keithley 2401 SMU with fast GPIB-USB interface set-up to run with software.
- Carousel for multi sample testing and interfacing with UV-vis microprobe i.e. Avantes or Ocean Optics.
- Optical carousel set-up for measuring transmission/reflection.
- Stainless steel vacuum and/or atmosphere chamber with Swagelock gas connectors and valves for studying effects of different components on stability and acceleration.