ISOSun solar simulator
The infinityPV ISOSun is a solar simulator made for controllable indoor test facility under laboratory conditions.
ISOSun - Presentation.
The ISOSun system is a fully integrated solar simulator allowing for testing of large area solar cells (30 x 30 cm2) under full light spectrum, 1000 W m-2 conditions that meet the ISOS requirements. The metal-halide light source provides a spectral distribution that is very close to AM1.5G in the range of 300-900 nm. The infinityPV design enables very even illumination conditions over the large area with a maximum deviation of < ± 5 % (< ± 1 % in the central testing area) and a stability in time of < ± 10 W @ 1000 W m-2 over 24 hours. Lamp lifetime depending on use is 1000-5000 hours.
The ISOSun system is fully enclosed with little emission of light to the surroundings and has a facile system for introducing wires, gas lines and cooling lines to the test area. The system is fully CE approved and accepts line voltages in the range of 110-240 VAC (single phase). All maintenance is made very easy with the change of the light bulb being carried out from the top in a matter of minutes without the need to take the setup apart. Filters and dampening ND filters are easily inserted and removed through a tray system. The lamp intensity is easily monitored and controlled from the front panel and the system has an internal light monitoring unit.
Combined with a infinityPV SMU and infinityPV software the ISOSun enables IV-curve tracing and testing according to all the ISOS protocolsDOI:10.1016/j.solmat.2011.01.036 as shown in the table below. With the ISOSun solar simulator and the infinityPV software ISOS-L-1 and ISOS-L-2 testing are readily carried out and it is easy to set up the system (without extra equipment) so that ISOS-D-1 and ISOS-O-1 are also accommodated. With a multichannel system (optional) it is possible to test many samples (up to 40) simultaneously and here also ISOS-O-2 and ISOS-O-3 becomes accessible. For the high temperature ISOS-D-2 dark test an oven can be provided through an external supplier (optional). Since most laboratories have an oven already available this test is easily accessed. The damp heat and temperature cycling tests require weathering chambers that we can supply through external suppliers such that ISOS-D-3 and ISOS-L-3 becomes accessible. Laboratories that already have such equipment available can carry out the tests using the ISOSun combined with the infinityPV software.
- ISOSun cabinet with all controls and electrical lead
- Integrated digital thermometer
- Integrated digital light intensity meter
- Fan cooling of test chamber
- "Fast change" filter tray
- Standard filter
- Light bulb
- infinityPV SMU system for testing of many solar cells. For infinityPV SMU systems – click here
- infinityPV software IV and lifetime software pre-installed and tested on an included laptop PC. For infinityPV IV and lifetime software – click here
- infinityPV CalCell Reference device for calibration of the solar simulator.
- Weathering chamber insert for ISOS-L-3 measurements (85 °C, 50% rh).
- Keithley 2401 SMU with fast GPIB-USB interface set-up to run with software.
- Cooling table (30 x 30 cm2).
- Liquid cooling unit for cooling table.
- High temperature bolometer in test table.
- Stainless steel atmospheric test chamber (10 x 10 cm2 test area) for gas or vacuum.
- Stainless steel multichamber 2-4 chambers with 1-4 simultaneous test atmospheres or vacuum. The systems employs swagelock gas lines.
- Dark box.
- infinityPV module test package.
- Filters, diffuser plates, neutral density absorber trays for reducing the intensity to 0.9, 0.75, 0.5, 0.25 and 0.1 suns.
- Extra filter tray.
- Adjustable elevator test surface
- Extra light bulb
The components marked in green (✓) can be obtained at infinityPV ApS. The remaining components can be obtained at partner companies.
|Oven||Solar simulator||Sourcemetera||PC with IV software||Multichannel kitb||Weathering chamber||Cooling table||Temperature unit|
bFor automated lifetime measurements (up to 40 devices)
ISOSun - Presentation.