LiBAT5V2A - Energy Management Shield
The LiBAT5V2A is an evaluation board to complement solar battery chargers in your solar-powered projects. The LiBAT5V2A is a boost step-up DCDC converter, which gives a stable 5 V output with up to 2 A from Li-based rechargeable single-cell batteries.
The board is presented as multiplatform boost, because it is intended to be used as battery shield for the main open-source electronic prototyping platforms, i.e., Raspberry, Arduino, or Photon. The goal is to offer an easy way to have a stable and powerful battery-powered supply for stand-alone DIY projects.
infinityPV LiBAT5V2A includes these capabilities:
- High efficiency Step-up conversion based on the IC TPS61320 (up to 92%).
- 5V stable output capable of delivering output currents up to 2A.
- Connectors for the chosen prototyping platform.
- Battery charging input (JST-2 connector), compatible with most solar battery chargers, e.g. OPV3W60V.
- Battery external connector (JST-2 connector).
- Extra 5V/2A output through JST-2 or USB connector, to power your preferred USB devices.
- Input and output energy monitoring option through the I2C lines. The board can be supplied with two energy monitors (INA233) placed at the battery charging input and 5V consumption points. The board includes also a controlled power switch (TPS27081A) that allows to switch on/off safely the extra 5V/2A output from a GPIO configured as digital output.
LiBAT5V2A is based on the synchronous step-up converter TPS61320 which offers a high efficiency conversion (tested up to 92%), giving a stable 5V output with up to 2A of current. The board is supplied with the suitable connectors for your preferred prototyping platform and battery charging input connectors. We recommend to connect the OPV3W60V solar charger, but the board also accepts any Li-based single-cell battery charger (e.g. this USB-charger from Adafruit LiION/LIPO charger). At the battery connector you can connect any battery you like while the battery voltage will be within the range 2.5-4.5V. The 5V output from the LiBAT5V2A is protected from the VIN input in your prototyping platform, so it is not a problem to connect/disconnect your USB plug for programming whenever you need.
Service and support
The board is sold in its basic option for advanced DIY designers, without the monitoring components and with the connectors unsoldered. But we offer the service of soldering connectors and components if you feel not comfortable with electronic soldering.
We also offer advice to choose the right option for you and for checking if your specific model of prototyping platform is compatible with LiBAT5V2A.
Technical details and brochures
Related shop items
*Prices will be shown in DKK in the shopping cart. Shipment and VAT (for EU countries) will be added upon checkout. You can opt to pay through PayPal or with a major credit card. You can return items within 14 days of original purchase date for a full refund or exchange. The items must be returned in their original packaging, in an unopened and unused condition. Refunds do not include shipping and handling.